This release added support for GPT-4 Vision, text-to-speech & finetuned models
- New: Added support for the new GPT-4 vision
- New: Better UI/UX for GPT-4 vision, drag and drop into Menubar Icon
- New: Support finetuned models
- Added text-to-speech using OpenAI API
- Fixed an issue with Azure OpenAI Service
Big update: This release focuses on image generation (DALL·E 2, Stable Diffusion XL...), app apperance customization and overall performance improvements.
- New feature: Generate images in main Chat UI using OpenAI's DALL·E 2 or open-source models such as Stable Diffusion XL (via Replicate).
- New feature: Customize the app's appearances: system theme, custom font and line spacing...
- Improvement: The scroll performance has been improved significantly
- Improvement: Better supports for message action buttons. You can also save messages or images to file.
- Improvement: Better support for keyboard shortcuts. When using 'Answer in new window' for commands, you can interact with the chat without using mouse.
- Improvement: Support full list of available models on OpenRouter
- Improvement: Configure default settings for new chats. Your chat configuration is saved so you don't have to customize each chat.
- Improvement: You can now rearrange Commands, Assistants & Promps
- Fixed the issue where chat list disappearing on large inputs
- Fixed the issue where pressing the new chat button does not open the chat textbox
This release focuses on the new Web Browsing Plugin
- New plugin: Web Browsing Plugin is here!
- New feature: Ask AI directly without using an predefined AI Command. Read the full release note on how to use this.
- Improvement: New Chat Configuration design
- General bug fixes & improvements
This release focuses on supporting more API Providers: Anthropic, Azure OpenAI, OpenRouter...
- Added support for Anthropic, Azure OpenAI & OpenRouter
- Advanced model configuration:
- Custom API Endpoint & Proxy
- Custom System Instructions
- Custom GPT parameters: context limits, temperature, presence penalty, frequency penalty
- Universal full-text search
- Automatically switch to GPT3.5 16K if needed
- Better chat managements: edit, regenerate, delete & fork messages
- General bug fixes and improvements
BoltAI v1.7.2: Performance ImprovementThis release focuses on stability & performance improvement
- Fixed the issue where BoltAI constantly consumes CPU even on idle
- Fixed the issue where BoltAI hangs on macOS Sonoma
- Fixed the issue where context menus not working on macOS Ventura
- Improvement: implement a completely new Settings window
- Improvement: better "Regenerate Response" implementation
- Improvement: auto focus on Chat Input Field when starting a new chat
- Improvement: Display user-friendly error messages from OpenAI API
- 🔍 Web Search: This plugin allows BoltAI to access the Internet and search for the most accurate data in real-time.
- Quickly change GPT model, temperature and other params from the chat interface (thanks @nerdymomocat)
- Added support for Regenerating Response & Continue Generating (similar to ChatGPT)
- Supports multiple conversations in parallel
- Added cost estimation: show a total cost estimation on top of each conversation
- Add the a shortcut key to activate BoltAI
- Add the option to keep chat windows always Stay on Top
- Added the option to toggle Markdown rendering for better rendering performance
- [QoL]: allows bulk deleting AI Commands / Assistants / Prompts (thanks @nerdymomocat)
- Improvement: improve scrolling performance on large chat
- Improvement: improve chat management performance
- Improvement: better license key management
- Bug fix: fixed the issue with image generation (Stable Diffusion & OpenJourney)
- Hotfix: Fixed the issue where messages were being cut off for some users.
- Improvement: Display user-friendly error messages from OpenAI API
- Improvement: Keep the app size small
BoltAI v1.6: Full Chat UI
✨ Full Chat UI: BoltAI now features a full Chat UI with conversation management and search capabilities.
- Expanded support for OpenAI models like gpt-3.5-turbo-16k, and gpt-4-32k (available when the API key allows)
- You can now choose to show or hide AI Commands, AI Assistant, or Prompts
- Customize the trigger key for AI Assistants or Prompt Library Popup using options like "//" (double slash), "\" (backslash), or "\\" (double backslash) instead of the popular character "/"
- Fixed Content Length Crash Issue: Fixed the critical issue where the app would crash if the content was too long.
Adjustable chat font size: ⌘+ (increase), ⌘- (decrease) or ⌘0 (reset). Thanks @kpxz_
- Bug fix: fixed the issue where chat messages get cut off sometimes.
- Bug fix: fixed the issue where the AI Command's "behavior" doesn't work as expected.
- Bug fix: fixed the crash while using the trigger shortcut in Google Docs
- Bug fix: attempt to fix the Language Output not functioning as expected
This release improves 2 majors area: a new Chat UI and a much better compatibility
Chat UI: Introducing the new Chat UI.
- You can now chat with AI after using an AI command, or you can start a new chat directly from the main screen.
- It supports markdown & code highlighter. You can also choose to copy a codeblock, or the whole AI answer.
- All your conversations are saved in a local database. I will add full Chat UI with list of conversations & full-text search in the next release.
- Better compatibility: BoltAI now supports non-standard apps and websites such as Google Docs, ClickUp, Slack...
- More customizations: You can configure output language, and GPT model for each AI Command & AI Assistant
- [QoL] Template Duplicate: You can duplicate templates and make minor edits without having to copy and paste them
- General bug fixes & performance improvement
BoltAI v1.4 (build 15): CRITICAL BUG FIX
- Critical Bug Fix: please upgrade to this version. It fixes the issue where AI responses might be interrupted randomly.
- Added the option to stream AI responses word by word. If enable, BoltAI will emulate typing on your Mac. Any interaction will immediately stop the response.
- ✨ AI Commands (beta): Introducing the new AI Commands. You can now select text, press Control + Space then choose an AI command.
- Language output for AI Assistant: you can select the default language for an AI Assistant
- Custom temperature for AI Assistant: configure the temperature param to make the answer more creative or more precise
- Minor bug fixes & improvement
BoltAI v1.2 (build 10)
- Added AI assistants: you can now chat with multiple AI Assistants. Just type "/a" (without quotes), search for an assistant then press Tab
- Added Prompt Library: type "/p" (without quotes), search for prompt then press Tab.
- Default to "chat" mode, instead of "ask" mode
- Support custom shortcut: you can choose your own shortcut key other than the default Command+Shift+Return
- Fixed issue where BoltAI runs without a trigger phrase
BoltAI v1.1 (build 9)
- Support new apps: Apple Mail, Mimestream, iA Writer, Android Studio, TablePlus, Slack & Discord
- You can now save your generated images (default: your Download folder)
- Data Privacy: redact sensitive information such as email addresses, credit card numbers & phone numbers
- QoL: BoltAI now includes an auto-updater
BoltAI v1.0 (build 6)
- The app is more configurable now
- Added support for Openjourney (open-source Midjourney alternative)
- Use ChatGPT on one part of content
- MVP release